You are here: Homepage » Leak Detection
Need leak detection Services? Our professional plumbers will help you find the source and reason for the leak, and if needed will fix the problem. Call now, or simply fill up the form and get assistant by a highly recommended plumber in your area.
Fill up the form or simply give us a call and one of our pro's will be there in no time.
Running toilets, burst pipes, dripping faucets and slab leaks are common plumbing flood emergencies that waste gallons of water and thousands of dollars in structural damage. Prompt leak detection and repair will conserve gallons of water and save expensive water related repairs.
Need leak detecting services? Submit the form on your right to receive multiple plumbing quotes, or give us a call and an expert will arrive in no time.
Poor workmanship and inferior set up of pipes can lead to residential or commercial plumbing water leaks of all scales. Plumbers also single out lack of periodic plumbing maintenance to toilets, sinks, bathtubs, faucets and drains as a plausible cause of water leaks. Corroded or old pipes, washed-out valves and loose fittings are all responsible for plumbing leaks. Leak detection services save homeowners money that will be otherwise spent on high water bills or expensive water related damage.
Plumbing Tip: After water leak detecting immediately close the specific supply shutoff of the leaky plumbing fixture or otherwise turn off main shutoff located at your water meter.
Plumbing Leaks Statistics
- ~ 1 in every 318 homes leaks.
- ~1 in every 20 swimming pools is leaking as much as 1000 gallons of water per day.
- A pinhead hole spills out 360,000 gallons of water per year. The same amount of water can fill 12,000 bathtubs to the brim.
- Running toilets leak out as much as 90,000 gallons of water per month and inflate water bills by $500.
- A 1/8" pipe hole leaks 2500 gallons of water in 24 hours.
- A leaky faucet or a dripping hose wastes as much as 180 gallons of water per month and 2,160 gallons per year.
Water Leak Symptoms
- Water meter reading changes although water is not used
- Sound of running water
- Sewer odors
- High water bills
- Discolored or damp patches on walls and floors or warm marks on concrete slab floors
- Chronic sewer backups
Pool or Spa Leak Signs
- Fractured pool shell or concrete deck
- Loose tiles
- Collapse of pool structure
- Wet spots or odd grass growth around pool
- A constant water trickle from automatic filler
- Algae growth following chemical treatment
- A loss of 1/8" of water or more in 24 hours
Leak detectors and video cameras are used to inspect pipelines for gas and water leaks. Plumbers conduct pipeline leak testing under concrete slab, asphalt, and behind walls, and follow with repair or replacement of the damaged section. Special slab leak detection equipment is employed to locate and repair leaky pipes under the concrete foundation of the home.
Don't ignore the sound of running water, it might be a slab leak. Submit the adjacent form and receive plumbing estimates by local plumbers.
Leak Detection Costs
According to a survey that took place earlier this year, leak detection costs somewhere between $110 - $190. Different costs of leak detection may be a result of pricing in different locations, scope of additional work and if the job is taken by the same plumber - he may calculate the job as a whole, and include in the job the leak detection part. Note that this pricing is only for the detection job, and does not include the repair itself, which may (and usually does) cost a lot more, since this type of job may involve replace or repair flooring, drywall or ceilings.
Leak Detection Estimate
Fill up the form, or call us, and get up to four estimates by local professional experienced plumbers in your area. Ask for a leak detection quote and select the one that fits your budget.