You are here: Homepage » Plumbing Costs
Or call now for a quote: (800) 325-9150
Receive multiple plumbing quotations from plumbers servicing your locality:
- Compare Plumbing Bids
- Save time and $$$
- No Obligation
The extent of the job at hand will determine the plumbing cost. True enough, plumbing emergencies tend to cost more than ongoing home plumbing services mainly due to their complexity and urgency factors. Professional plumbers will arrive at your home or office to diagnose the plumbing problem and provide a plumbing quote.
Plumbing rates are typically calculated by the hour and vary between the different plumbing contractors (click here for more information on plumbers hourly rates). Usually plumbing costs will further include time taken to pick up plumbing parts essential to conduct the job at hand.
When calling for plumbing services ask for a plumbing cost estimator, and inquire about any plumbing discounts made available. Plumbing estimates will help you better approximate overall plumbing costs of different repairs. Comparing several plumbing quotes from different plumbing companies will enable you to select the appropriate plumbing solution at the best possible price. .
Online Plumbing Quotes
Online quotes are available as part of a plumbing cost calculator where you enter the specifications of the plumbing problem and derive an estimated plumbing cost. Otherwise your local plumber will conduct an in-home inspection of the plumbing problem to provide an accurate plumbing price, and follow upon your approval with the relevant plumbing solution.
SOS - Emergency Plumbing Rates
Emergency plumbing rates are typically higher than non-emergency rates, especially if they occur over night, weekends or national holidays. That said, plumbing companies will still provide you with competitive emergency plumbing prices to make you select their plumbing services over others.
Low Plumbing Cost
Depending on the given plumbing job, cheap repair does not necessarily save you money in the long run. Always hire a trustworthy plumbing service provider that is licensed by the relevant authorities and adheres to specific regulations and building codes.
Average Plumbing Costs
The following table summarizes the average plumbing costs for a variety of repairs in the United States. These estimates may differ depending on regions, complexity, hourly rates and costs of materials. It is highly recommended to obtain at least three plumbing quotes from local service professionals for validation. .
|Fixture||Nature of Job||Average Cost in $|
|Washing Machine and/or Dryer||Repairs
|Septic Tank||Clean Out||350-750|
|Pinhole in Copper Pipe||Repairs||200-300|
|Broken CPVC/Plastic Water Line||Repairs||80-150|
|Broken Drain Line||Materials + Installation||125-250|
Repair leaks (+ materials)
shower stall-ceramic tile
|Basic hourly rates (not including additional expenses such as travel, time on road, plumbing parts, etc)||Journeyman Plumber
The above estimates have been collected by a nationwide research, and are provided for informational purposes only. Aplumbers are not responsible for plumbing costs given by different service providers to their customers. It is recommended to shop for at least three plumbing quotes before hiring a plumber of your choice. For your complete convenience - .
Recent Inqueries About Plumbing Costs
- want to add a sump pump system in the basement. may conisder to use the pit close to the currently running sump pump to drain overflow water from it when it happens.
- small project to update small pipes and valves to kitchen sink.
- hi. i need a new faucet/diverter & valves installed in my bathroom. the wall is open, the pipes are exposed, i have all the parts, just need someone to do it asap. please give me a call. thank you.
- toilet stopped working, and leak from under concrete in basement.
- one of my toilets keeps backing up since i put new low volume toilets in my home since hurricne isaac.
- slab leak...water is coming up in a bedroom and possibly multiple rooms. there is no chlorine in the water so we are unsure of the source. we have radiant heat
- i have a leaking bathtub faucet. when i turn the faucet off the hot water keeps leaking and it's getting worst.
- snake kitchen sink
- i need to get a washer/dryer hookup in my basement and a water tap in the back of my house
- water line hook up to fridge.